The life and times of people just like you... and me.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

That'll Be Twenty Cents for the Surgery

Little Miss is playing doctor tonight. I was her lucky patient.

It was obvious right away this was going to be a procedure like no other. I was told before we began the eye exam, that I was going to need surgery on my arm.

"Will it hurt?" I ask.

"No," the doctor says.

"Do you promise?"

"No."

Fortunately for me, after a lot of writing in notebooks and following pens with my eyes until I felt like I'd spent the last few hours on a Tilt-a-Whirl, the surgery on my arm (which was performed with a broken old cell phone) was declared a success. I was charged twenty cents, and allowed to use the money in the doctor's own Hanna Montana container, to pay for these services.

I thanked the doctor very kindly, and was instructed to follow the path out her door.

I went the wrong way.

I heard the doctor muttering as I continued down the hall that she simply could not believe the nerve of some people...

...After all she'd done for me.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the middle of the night chuckle. I love kids, they are the greatest source of entertainment we could ever hope for....that and a dog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree! I wish I could manage to record everything they do... This time is priceless!

      Delete