The life and times of people just like you... and me.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Easy Readers

My little fella started first grade quite adamant that he was NOT doing any reading at home. His work was limited to the classroom only!

With the support and encouragement of his teacher, our friends (and a stubborn mom), he has evolved and accepted he WILL be reading! Five months later, he is often found reading to me at bedtime.

Much to my delight, he asked me to close my eyes (after I had told him we would only had time to read ONE book). He stuffed several easy readers inside the spines of each one successively, and then read them all to me as one book. Certain he had fooled old mom, his eyes glimmered and his smile was hard to hide as he read his (rather long) Hot Wheels book to me.

Really, would you have stuck with the one book edict? He still thinks he fooled me.

No comments:

Post a Comment