The life and times of people just like you... and me.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Foul!

When we were expecting our second child, I remember a nurse asking if we planned to attend child-birth classes. Seeing in my chart this was my second child, she quickly corrected herself.

"Oh! This is your second! Well, you know everything then!"

WRONG!!

Though perhaps we didn't need a second childbirth class (I say 'perhaps', because the first one was really amusing, so it might have enough entertainment value to warrant a re-run), I've decided every family who is about to welcome their first sibling to the brood DOES need a class. What kind of class?

Conflict Mediation.

There should be a handbook, a scorecard and advice on exactly whose turn is it to play the Wii? How are television rights divvied out fairly? Who got the last cookie? Who goes to bed first?

Along with your certificate of completion, there should also be a referee's jersey and a whistle.

I'm sure a lot of newbie parents of sibs would think this was overkill... but give them anywhere from 2-6 years, and I'd put my money on the parenting coach that led this class getting a TON of fan mail and thank you letters! No returns on the whistle, either... possibly some requests for athletic cups and protective eyewear...

No comments:

Post a Comment