The life and times of people just like you... and me.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Canadian Thieves?

The Dude lost his glasses after swimming a couple of weeks ago. I was livid! How many times have I told him NOT to leave them on the window ledge outside the pool? "Put your glasses case in your swim bag, and store your glasses in the case. They will be safe there!" If that weren't a decent option, I sit at practice nearly every day, just hand them to me!

SO, when the glasses were not on the ledge after practice, he was stressed, and I was steamed!

We went back to the pool to notify his coach. Without hesitation, she suggested the custodian likely had them. We found Mr. Custodian in the hallway, and sure enough, he did.

The following week, we were headed off to the pool again. This time, The Dude has his glasses case! I praise him for remembering. He smiles and said "I won't let the Canadians steal my glasses ever again!"

Whaaaaaa???????? The Canadians??????

"Isn't that what Mrs. Coach called that guy who had my glasses? The Canadian?"

And this, my friends, is how cultural bias begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment