The life and times of people just like you... and me.

Monday, March 10, 2014

What Might Have Been (and wasn't!)

I feel compelled to just blurt out somewhere in type all of the things that didn't happen this past weekend. Depending on your perspective, it was both eventful and uneventful at the same time. I am very thankful for both the events and near-misses that have me seriously wiping sweat from my brow and lifting my eyes to the heavens and whispering my thanks quite often even still. Maybe I should just get right down to it. I do still have to clock in and get some work done today; maybe emptying my head of all of this will help move that intention forward.

Here is what didn't happen:

Angel prevents fire, then reveals herself in a dream
  • We didn't have a house fire (almost, but thankfully, nope!)
  • We weren't stranded in town with both keys and phone locked in car (for long, anyway)
  • We didn't have to cancel any play dates
  • We didn't have to not share pie with loved ones
  • We ceased to have to fight about whose turn it is with the iPad
  • We didn't have to cancel a special ladies day I planned two weeks ago

Here's what happened:

  • My quilt rack in the bathroom caught fire
  • I locked my keys and phone in my car while grocery shopping
  • We hosted two play dates
  • We baked and shared a homemade blackberry pie with my brother, dad and a handful of nieces and nephews
  • I had a wonderful chat with an angel (in my dreams, but aren't dreams the very best place to find inspiration and enlightenment?)
  • The iPad fell into a coma (issue remains unresolved, the only "Hanging Chad" of the weekend)
  • We had a lovely little breakfast, just mom and the kids, at Bob Evans
  • I made it to the Trillium Lodge for Sip 'N Paint with my mom and sister

Here are some take aways:

  • New house rule: If someone lights candles in  your home, that person should be personally responsible for making sure they are all extinguished. When you are so fried you compel someone to draw a bath and light your candles for you... you are in no shape for taking responsibility for extinguishing them - really, you are not
  • It might be a good idea to give your nearest neighbor a spare key to your car (my nearest neighbor gave birth to me, this seems a wise move)
  • At the ages of 8 (and up I hope!), play dates amidst chaos do not seem to add more chaos, and even seem to reduce chaos at times
  • iPads need Otterboxes
  • When sharing pie with loved ones, bake two pies... because life is always better with more pie!
  • Sip 'n Paint... as much as humanly possible.
    Sip 'n Paint Friends - can't wait to do this again!

2 comments:

  1. wow....what a weekend....wish I could see the paintings up close.... I want to do that when we come home....may or june...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I think Sip 'n Paints are held bi-weekly. Once you have your travel dates firm, let us know and we will sign you up!

      Delete