The life and times of people just like you... and me.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Insanity Defense

Our dog simply must be hard of hearing.

He sleeps inside at night. When he is ready to come in, we let him in through an entrance at the side of our house. When he is waiting at the back of the house, you have to make sure he sees you, then motion to him that you are going to the side of the house in order for him to meet you there and come in. Our house is not large and there are no odd angles for sound to get lost in, but if you do not take this step, you can stand screaming at the top of your lungs until they bleed, and he will not come.

I heard Storm tapping at the door, and, wanting to save myself a couple of steps, asked The Dude to motion to the dog and act like he was going to the kennel. I would go open the door at the side of the house to let Storm in. The Dude agreed and I left for the door.

I hollered and hollered... no dog.

I'm getting irritated.

I rap on the door and holler "STORM!"

Nothing.

One more time.

"Dog! I mean it!"

The dog comes from BEHIND me, from INSIDE the house, and runs OUT the door!

The Dude had let him in the back door and put him in the kennel. I never heard or saw either of them.

I thought I'd lost my mind.

You've never heard a little boy laugh harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment