The life and times of people just like you... and me.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas, Mom

My son gave me possibly the best Christmas gift I will get this year.

Surprisingly, it is not one of those fabulous cinnamon ornaments the kids make! It takes a lot to top those fragrant beauties! I hope someday I have enough to decorate an entire tree in nothing but cinnamon ornaments. Likely, I should have had more kids to accomplish that goal. OR, I can make my the two I have "cinnamon slaves" over vacation and we can mass produce some!

I did get a fantastic cinnamon ornament, adorned in glitter, shaped like a gingerbread man, and smelling purely delightful. But I also got a card...

Made of red construction paper and decorated with a blue cut-out shaped like a snow globe. Inside the globe is lots of glitter (totally makes any project, doesn't it?), an elf colored green and brown, and a coordinating reindeer.

The bottom of the snow globe is decorated with some sparkly circles, a gold seashell sticker, something of foam that resembles a turkey, and a foam lizard.

Inside is the best part. A note from my son, to me.

My Mother
My Mom is about 32 years old
(already this is the greatest card ever, as he's given me back four years of my life!)
My mom has brown hair. She has two children. She buys me the best presents. She is a good cook. She works on the computer. She is a nice person. I love my mom.
Love, The Dude

If you've ever wondered if you would want to be a parent, you may want to do it, just for the fan mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment